The Valentino F/W 2016 RTW Womenswear show is only a few weeks away and today I am bringing you yet another exciting illustration contest!
What you need to do:
For this open call, you are going to create an Instagram image. Selected submissions will be used for the countdown of the F/W 2016 runway show on Valentino’s Instagram account starting March 4th, 2016. Here are 2 topics you can choose from:
1) If you were invited to the Valentino F/W 2016 runway show, what Valentino outfit would you wear? This outfit can be anything from the Valentino archives (up to Pre-Fall 2016). We want this illustration to be exciting, so try to be more creative and not just submit a runway illustration.
2) Use the elements from the Valentino Universe (Valentino Red, studs, camo etc) to create an abstract piece
***For the illustration, you will need to include the following information (IN THE ILLUSTRATION, NOT EMAIL SUBJECT LINE):
Watch the Fall/Winter 2016-2017 Women’s Fashion Show Live on Valentino.com at 2:30 PM CET on March 8th, 2016
We will not accept your submission if you fail to provide the above information in the illustration.
How to Enter:
1) Please prepare an illustration (only 1) in .jpg or .png form. The illustration should be in square format for social media use. The file should be no more than 5MB (If you insist it has to be more than 5MB, please use Dropbox or WeTransfer and send me the link). You can only submit one illustration. (If your illustration is hand drawn, please SCAN it)
2) Send the illustration to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please let me know which collection(s) you have used)
4) Tell me your Instagram account so Valentino and I can tag you
5) Make sure you follow Draw A Dot. (@DrawADot) and Valentino (@MaisonValentino)
6) You will get a confirmation from me within 48 hours.
Please note: You can only submit once.
Deadline and Publication Date:
Deadline is March 3rd, 2016 11:59pm EST. Late submissions will not be accepted.
– Between March 4th to March 8th 2016, selected illustrations will be showcased on the Valentino’s Instagram account (@MaisonValentino). The final illustration that will be shown on March 8th 2016 will be the winner of this contest. The winner will receive a handbag with his/her initials on it. The prize will be awarded by Valentino.
– In order to create a large impact on social media, resulting in more exposure for you, please wait and release your final illustrations together on March 4th, 2016, and not before. By releasing/posting them all on the same day we increase our chances of taking it viral. All posts should be tagged #DrawADotValentino.
– You are encouraged to show your work in progress teaser images on social media platforms before March 4th. 2016. All work in progress images should be tagged #DrawADotValentino, @MaisonValentino, and @DrawADot.