I launched the Draw A Dot Instagram account at the end of August 2014, and it has been gaining a lot of buzz. The Instagram open call was shortly introduced to the community and it is now one of the staples of Draw A Dot!
As many of you know, the purpose of Draw A. Dot is to promote illustrators. If you are looking for ways to build your portfolio, I highly recommend you enter the open calls. A lot of illustrators have received different opportunities from brands after they entered the open calls!
This is Your Moment – Fidenze Village Contest
It is your chance to imagine a new world and bring to life your positive, engaging visions, full of hope, and immersed in nature. Below is a summary of the contest and you can visit this link for more information.
What You Need To Do:
- The setting: your work must use the Village scenario as its setting. A place where great fashion and talent converge, just a few minutes from the city center of Parma, the Italian Capital of Culture for 2020 and 2021:
a city of art, culture, music and food, in a nutshell, of the Dolce Vita.
- You can use the materials within the pack available at the link https://bit.ly/FidenzaVillage-contest (by merging them, redesigning them, reworking them, using them for video animation projects, modifying them with any technique or keeping just some of the details that most inspire you). Each Participant will find the following in the downloadable pack: colors, patterns, and subjects created through the imagination of Ligabue. We encourage you to reinvent them through your own personal language.
- Please do not (!!!) include brand name clothing in your submission. You can be inspired by the clothing, but you cannot create the exact outfit from a brand.
How To Enter:
Participation in the Initiative will only be permitted if you have an Instagram account.
Each Participant will be subject to a Jury evaluation on his/her artwork entered, made with any type of technique (as an example, but not limited to: painting, digital illustration, mixed media, photographic processing, animation, and video animation), by following
the instructions under the guideline above. It is noted that:
- To participate, you must publish your work (entry) on your Instagram profile, following the instructions under the “Theme” section. The title of the work, as well as the hashtag #FidenzaVillage, must appear in the text of the post.
- To participate, it is mandatory to mention @fidenzavillage in your post.
- Optional: Mention @parma2020official, @drawadot, and @kreativehouse.it who will reshare the most interesting images. This will allow a greater number of people to view them.
You can also share the post in Instagram Stories to allow the promoting organizations to share it and provide maximum visibility to the most original artworks.
As recognition of personal excellence and consideration for performance of the work, the cash prize is equal to 1,500.00 euros (One-Thousand-Five-Hundred/00) and will be paid to the winner by bank transfer within
three months of naming of the contest winner.
You have until October 25, 2020 11:59 pm CET. The Jury will meet on November 2nd, 2020 and the winner will be announced on November 4th, 2020 on Fidenza Village website!
- It should also be noted that by mentioning @fidenzavillage, any use of the Participant’s works (with the appropriate credit to the author) will be permitted to be on temporary exhibition at Fidenza Village, approximately from September 16 to December 31, 2020.
- The post that you use to upload the work must be public, and the Entry must comply with the Instagram policies.
- It will not be possible to participate in the Initiative if the Entry is contrary to public order, morality, ethics, detrimental to the image of third parties or the Promoter, or violates third party
- Each participant is responsible for the content of his/her own work, further agreeing, to this effect, to indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter from any claim and/or third parties actions and to
compensate the Promoter from any adverse consequences that the latter may incur as a result of the above-stated violations.
- Sending of the Entries by mentioning @fidenzavillage implies granting, entirely free of charge, of the latter and of the related worldwide rights of use, further authorizing the Promoter to directly publish and/or grant the photos of the work to third parties for publication on communication channels and materials (as an example, but not limited to:
the press, internet, social channels, and any future advertising material) and/or elsewhere both in the event that the work wins or does not win;
- No remuneration will be paid for publication/exhibition/production of the artwork participating in the Initiative as a series.
You can visit Draw A Dot. Facebook Page to see the submissions from past open calls.