I launched the Draw A Dot Instagram account at the end of August 2014, and it has been gaining a lot of buzz. The Instagram open call was shortly introduced to the community and it is now one of the staples of Draw A Dot!
As many of you know, the purpose of Draw A. Dot is to promote illustrators. If you are looking for ways to build your portfolio, I highly recommend you enter the open calls. A lot of illustrators have received different opportunities from brands after they entered the open calls!
#DrawADotTogether – Pride Celebration!
June is Pride Month and I know that a lot of people in this Draw A Dot community are also part of the LGBTQ+ community. You guys are all unicorns and I am so happy to have you in the community! Thank you for your support! I would love to use the #DrawADotTogether project to celebrate you and the LGBTQ+ community for this month!
Whether you are a member of the LGBTQ+ community or you are an ally, you are welcome to participate this project. Many parts of the world still do not recognize the LGBTQ+ community and I would love to see you using your art skills to create something that can educate more people to accept this community.
Here are some suggested topics (but not limited to):
- Celebrate your friends who are part of the LGBTQ+ community
- Highlight some of the LGBTQ+ people who have created an impact to the world (designers, celebrities, drag queens etc)
- Use your illustration to narrate your coming out story
- If you are a LGBTQ+ ally, let the world know how people can support this community with your illustration
Deadline and Publication:
There is no deadline for this project. I will repost any illustrations that will fit the Draw A Dot feed.
You can create as many illustrations as you want for this project. Once you are done with the piece, you can upload it to Instagram and make sure you tag @drawadot, #drawadottogether.
** If your work is tied to #ShareYourAsianStory, you can also use that # and tag @shareyourasianstory.
I will have a Pinterest board and a Facebook gallery dedicated to this project and will pin the illustration when I see people posting the illustration with the #DrawADotTogether. I will also have an IG story highlight tab on the IG stories I repost. Your story must tag @drawadot and have #DrawADotTogether so I know it is for this project. I will repost as many stories as I can.
– You are encouraged to show your work in progress on social media platforms. All work in progress images should also be tagged #DrawADotTogether, #ShareYourAsianStory, and @drawadot.
– By entering this open call, you agree to let Draw A Dot to post your work on our social media platforms.
Share this project with your friends so they can also participate. And if you are working for a brand or have connections to brands, please share this project with them too!
You can visit Draw A Dot. Facebook Page to see the submissions from past open calls.