I launched the Draw A Dot Instagram account at the end of August 2014, and it has been gaining a lot of buzz. The Instagram open call was shortly introduced to the community and it is now one of the staples of Draw A Dot!
As many of you know, the purpose of Draw A. Dot is to promote illustrators. If you are looking for ways to build your portfolio, I highly recommend you enter the open calls. A lot of illustrators have received different opportunities from brands after they entered the open calls!
Draw A Dot x PRIVATE POLICY x Send Chinatown Love Contest
The new contest is here! This time we are teaming up with PRIVATE POLICY and Send Chinatown Love for a charity open call! Please read the information below.
What you need to do:
Draw A Dot, PRIVATE POLICY and Send Chinatown Love are inviting you to participate this new contest! Your task is to an illustration that is based on the PRIVATE POLICY F/W 2021 collection and it has to have a message that supports the Asian community. Some of the elements we recommend you to consider using are the crane, the checkered flag, and also the railroad
How to enter:
- You can only submit ONE (1) illustration to this contest
- You must follow @drawadot, @privatepolicyny and @sendchinatownlove
- Please send your submission to email@example.com and your file should be no bigger than 5MB (if your file is big, please resize it for now to fit the 5MB requirement and make sure you keep high res file on your computer). You will get a confirmation email within 48 hours.
- You can also post IG stories and tag @drawadot, @privatepolicyny and @sendchinatownlove
- for a chance for them to repost your stories.
- The winner of this contest will have their print on 3 charity t-shirts as raffle prizes. People who want the shirt can enter the raffle for $5 and all proceeds will be going to Send Chinatown Love to support the businesses in New York Chinatown.
- The winner will also receive a t-shit with their winning graphic on it.
The deadline for submitting your entry is August 15, 2021 at 11:59pm EST.
Once you have completed and submitted your illustration, you can upload it on your social media platforms. Please use the hashtags #drawadotprivatepolicy, #privatepolicy, and #sendchinatownlove when you upload your work to your social media platforms. You can also use the #s on your IG stories when you want to show your WIP clips for a chance to be reposted by the 3 accounts.
The winner will be announced on August 24, 2021 through Draw A Dot and PRIVATE POLICY social media accounts. The raffle will then start on the PRIVATE POLICY website.
The deadline to enter the raffle is September 6, 2021 and the winner will be announced on September 7, 2021 through Draw A Dot and PRIVATE POLICY social media accounts.
Fall-Winter 2021 collection. Rings awareness to the important yet hidden history of the 1800s Chinese transcontinental railroad workers and acknowledges the xenophobic feelings of that era, while battling similar issues today as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic being perceived as an Asian virus. No longer silenced, people are speaking up about the past and ongoing racism, violence and prejudice against Asian communities. PRIVATE POLICY chose the transcontinental railroad Chinese’s epic story because it declares existence and pride for the previous Asian generations’ phenomenal attributions. We look to them for inspiration to stand tall for who we are and welcome others to learn about Asian culture.
Send Chinatown Love
Send Chinatown Love is a New York based, entirely volunteer run organization whose goal is to provide relief to small, immigrant owned Chinatown businesses impacted by the effects of Covid-19. They facilitate community support by creating digital platforms for businesses in need so that they may be able to sustain themselves now and in the future.
- The illustration must be a new illustration (not an artwork you have created before)
- It will not be possible to participate in the Initiative if the Entry is contrary to public order, morality, ethics, detrimental to the image of third parties or the Promoter, or violates third party property rights.
- Sending of the Entries by mentioning @darwadot, @privatepolicyny and @sendchinatownlove implies granting Draw A Dot, PRIVATE POLICY Send Chinatown Love the rights (free of charge) to use the image to promote this contest on their social media channels.
You can visit Draw A Dot. Facebook Page to see the submissions from past open calls.