I launched the Draw A Dot. Instagram account at the end of August 2014, and it has been gaining a lot of buzz. The Instagram open call was shortly introduced to the community and it is now one of the staples of Draw A Dot!
As many of you know, the purpose of Draw A. Dot is to promote illustrators. If you are looking for ways to build your portfolio, I highly recommend you enter the open calls. A lot of illustrators have received different opportunities from brands after they entered the open calls!
Jean Paul Gaultier S/S 2020 Haute Couture Collection
What you need to do:
Your task is to create a fashion illustration based on Jean Paul Gaultier S/S 2020 Haute Couture collection. This is Jean Paul Gaultier last Haute Couture after being in the business for 50 years! Please make sure your illustration is creative and can reflect the JPG vibe! You can illustrate more than 1 look from this collection, as long as all looks are in ONE illustration.
1) Please prepare an illustration (only 1) in .jpg or .png form. The file should be no more than 5MB (If you insist it has to be more than 5MB, please use Dropbox or WeTransfer and send me the link). You can only submit one illustration. Please name the file with the following format: firstname-lastname.jpg.
2) Send the illustration to email@example.com.
3) Tell me your name, and Instagram account
4) Make sure you follow Draw A Dot. (@DrawADot)
5) You will get a confirmation from me within 48 hours.
Note: The illustration you submit must not be previously liked by Jean Paul Gaultier instagram account. The purpose of this open call is to help illustrators to show their works to the designers and fashion houses. Also, once you submit the illustration, you will not be able to resubmit it with an edited version.
Deadline and Publication Date:
Deadline is February 9, 2020 11:59pm EST. Late submissions will not be accepted.
The top 9 illustrations will be released on the Draw A Dot. Instagram account on February 13th, 14th and 15th, 2020 (3 illustrations per day). After the open call, all submissions will be posted on Facebook and Pinterest.
– In order to create a large impact on social media, resulting in more exposure for you, I encourage all illustrators wait and release their final illustrations together on February 13th, 2020 and not before. By releasing/posting them all on the same day we increase our chances of taking it viral. All posts should be tagged #DrawADotJPG.
– If I see your submission on social media before February 13, 2020, I will DM you and give you 24 hours to hide it. If I still see it after that, then your submission will be disqualified.
– You are of course encouraged to show your work in progress teaser images on social media platforms before February 13, 2020 to help build hype. All work in progress images should also be tagged #DrawADotJPG. I will also repost the IG stories on Instagram!
– By entering this open call, you agree to let Draw A Dot. to post your submission on their social media platforms.
You can visit Draw A Dot. Facebook Page to see the submissions from past open calls.