I launched the Draw A Dot Instagram account at the end of August 2014, and it has been gaining a lot of buzz. The Instagram open call was shortly introduced to the community and it is now one of the staples of Draw A Dot!
As many of you know, the purpose of Draw A. Dot is to promote illustrators. If you are looking for ways to build your portfolio, I highly recommend you enter the open calls. A lot of illustrators have received different opportunities from brands after they entered the open calls!
Draw A Dot X CASETiFY Contest
This month we have a special contest with CASETiFY! Please read the information carefully!
What you need to do:
Your task is to create a phone case illustration based on the theme – rebirth/transformation. Since last year was a tough year for a lot of people, we would want the illustrators to create something that reminds people of hope when they look at the phone case. We would want you to create your version of rebirth/transformation. Some of the things that symbolized rebirth/transformation include butterflies and green plants. As for the color palette, we would it to be bright and cheerful.
Please DO NOT USE any fashion brands. If you need to draw outfits, please create your own. Please DO NOT USE any logos that are not created by yourself. Your submission will be disqualified if you do not follow the above 2 guidelines.
1) Please prepare an illustration (only 1) in .jpg or .png form. The file should be no more than 5MB (If you insist it has to be more than 5MB, please use Dropbox or WeTransfer and send me the link). You can only submit one illustration. Please name the file with the following format: firstname-lastname.jpg. Phone case artwork dimension: 1000 x 2000 (300 dpi).
2) Send the illustration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Tell me your name, and Instagram account
5) You will get a confirmation from me within 48 hours.
There will be 6 winners and each winner will receive a CASETiFY case with their artworks on it!
Deadline and Publication Date:
Deadline is May 2, 2021 11:59pm EST. Late submissions will not be accepted.
CASETiFY and Draw A Dot will be looking at the submissions and will pick 6 winners. The winners will be announced on Draw A Dot. Instagram account on May 13 and 14, 2021 on Instagram (3 designs each day).
– In order to create a large impact on social media, resulting in more exposure for you, I encourage all illustrators wait and release their final illustrations together on May 13th, 2021 and not before. By releasing/posting them all on the same day we increase our chances of making it viral. All posts should be tagged #DrawADotCASETiFY.
– If I see your submission on social media before May 13th, 2021, I will DM you and give you 24 hours to hide it. If I still see it after that, then your submission will be disqualified.
– You are of course encouraged to show your work in progress teaser images on social media platforms before May 13th, 2021 to help build hype. All work in progress images should also be tagged #DrawADotCASETiFY. I will also repost the IG stories on Instagram!
You can visit Draw A Dot. Facebook Page to see the submissions from past open calls.