I launched the Draw A Dot Instagram account at the end of August 2014, and it has been gaining a lot of buzz. The Instagram open call was shortly introduced to the community and it is now one of the staples of Draw A Dot!
As many of you know, the purpose of Draw A. Dot is to promote illustrators. If you are looking for ways to build your portfolio, I highly recommend you enter the open calls. A lot of illustrators have received different opportunities from brands after they entered the open calls!
Before you enter the open call, I highly recommend you to watch this video as I gave you tips on how to enter competitions/ open calls. This video was the first live stream I ever did with the Patreon members (so now you get a taste of how Patreon works as well).
adidas x Gucci Collection
What you need to do:
The adidas x Gucci collection is one of the hottest collaborations this year and this open call will once again be pushing your creativity envelope. Your task is to create an illustration that captures the colourful 70s vibe and the kaleidoscopic aesthetic of the collection. Since this is a very sporty collection, your illustration has to include one of the followings:
- Workout routine (HIIT workout, gym etc)
- Sports the models are playing (tennis, soccer, basketball etc) [If you want to create a sports team group photo illustration, you can, but you cannot use any famous athletes in your illustration]
You are allowed to mix and match the pieces that are on the Gucci Adidas x Gucci product page. Please do not directly copy the poses from the lookbook photos. You will be disqualified if you do that.
Please note: If the items are on the runway but not on the product page, then those pieces will not be considered for this open call. Also, please no celebrities.
1) Please prepare an illustration (only 1) in .jpg or .png form. The file should be no more than 5MB (If you insist it has to be more than 5MB, please use Dropbox or WeTransfer and send me the link). You can only submit one illustration. Please name the file with the following format: firstname-lastname.jpg.
2) Send the illustration to email@example.com.
3) Tell me your name, and Instagram account.
4) Make sure you follow Draw A Dot. (@DrawADot)
5) You will get a confirmation from me within 48 hours. (If you don’t follow the instructions, you will not be getting any confirmation from me as your piece will be disqualified)
Note: The illustration you submit must not be previously liked by Gucci and adidas Instagram account, and please do not submit an illustration you have already created before this open call. The purpose of this open call is to help illustrators to show their works to designers and fashion houses. Also, once you submit the illustration, you will not be able to resubmit it with an edited version.
Please watch the video below for the questions you have regarding this open call.
Deadline and Publication Date:
Deadline is June 3, 2022 11:59pm EST. Late submissions will not be accepted.
The top 3 illustrations will be released on the Draw A Dot. Instagram account on June 7th, 2022
The Gucci team and I will be picking the top 3 illustrations from this open call together. The winners may receive a small special surprise from us. 😉
– In order to create a large impact on social media, resulting in more exposure for you, I encourage all illustrators to wait and release their final illustrations together on June 7th, 2022, and not before. By releasing/posting them all on the same day we increase our chances of making it viral. All posts should be tagged #DrawADotadidasxGucci
– If I see your submission on social media before June 7th, 2022, I will DM you and give you 24 hours to hide it. If I still see it after that, then your submission will be disqualified.
– You are of course encouraged to show your work in progress teaser images on social media platforms before June 7th, 2022 to help build hype. All work in progress images should also be tagged #DrawADotadidasxGucci. I will also repost the IG stories on Instagram!
– By entering this open call, you agree to let Draw A Dot. and Gucci to post your submission on their social media platforms.
You can visit Draw A Dot. Facebook Page to see the submissions from past open calls.